About Longhirst Townhouses
Longhirst Hall was designed by John Dobson and constructed between 1824 and 1832. The estate has been extensively developed since the end of the Second World War, including use as a school, offices and previously as a Hotel, before its operators fell into liquidation in 2014. The Business Centre was originally used as the classroom and teaching space for Newcastle University and subsequently as offices for the Castle Morpeth Borough Council. The Main Hall and associated buildings, including the Business Centre remain as part of the approved planning application, with areas to the rear of the building extensively landscaped providing good sized gardens and private parking adjacent to the property.
The proposal to create Longhirst Townhouses has been designed to transform the existing business centre into 9 terraced 2 storey homes, with vastly improved landscaped grounds in keeping with Longhirst Estate. The proposal transformed each of the houses into 3 bedroom 5 person dwellings, each with a parking bay and garage located adjacent to the property. The layout includes an open plan ground floor and a large master bedroom which will benefit from a private en-suite bathroom. Large windows, particularly to the rear elevation will benefit from excellent levels of light into the building including the open plan area to the ground floor and provides excellent views of the large garden areas.